My Puri Visit : Place of Lord Jagannath


Puri Rath Yatra is biggest festival in our Odisha state.This is otherwise known as God's travel. 

This is the time when God along with his elder brother Lord Balram and sister Subhadra, comes out from his house ( which we call temple) and provide their blessing to their people. During this time, all the 3 lords travel to their aunty house where they spend their time.

Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and sister Subhadra all 3 travel in their own chariots ( colourful vehicles) which you can see down the images during my visit.

Below are some of my moments in Puri. 

I got all 3 lords wishes and able to visit this rath yatra and you can see beautiful images from holy place.




This is the entrance of the Puri Temple


Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Sister Subhadra Chariots



School Children providing their social support to public. These are scouts-guide


All the pujaris and workers arranging the chariot things and making it ready during the return of Lords back to their house.


Its hot in Puri, hence you can see me very tired and not able to smile :)


Police and temple workers trying to manage the chariot position so that there will be not difficulty while returning.




This is the place where all the 3 lords Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Sister Subhadra stay. Yes this is their aunty ( mausi ) house and stay for some days. During this time, they are served 56 bhog which I have already expalined in my earlier blog



There is long story behind this beautiful festival which I am going to share in my upcoming article. 

Lord Jagannath is not only loved inside Odisha but he is loved by whole world and this is the reason one can also see people from rest of the world visiting this special and unique festival.

There is saying, if you have blessing from lord Jagannath, you will be able to visit this beautiful holy place and you should visit this place in your life once.

Why wait ?
Check all hotels here : 



Booking.com

My Puri Visit : Place of Lord Jagannath My Puri Visit  : Place of Lord Jagannath Reviewed by Manoj Kumar Sethi on 9:58:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.